Why You Need Gutters
Your roof protects your home or commercial building in the Dayton area from more than 40 inches of rain every year. When the storms roll in, your roof sends all of that water to your gutter and downspouts to carry it away from the foundation.
To give you an idea of how hard your roof and gutter work, the roof on a 1,500 square foot building in the Dayton area diverts more than 35,000 gallons of water a year. That’s a lot of water to move away from your walls and foundation!
Having gutters and downspouts helps to prevent these common building problems:
- Soil erosion around your foundation
- Landscaping damage
- Flooding in your basement or crawlspace
- Water damage to siding
- Water staining on brick and stone masonry
- Cracks and settling of your sidewalks, patios and driveway
- Exterior door and garage door flooding
- Water leaks under the roof shingles
- Mold risk
- Insect and rodent infestations
Your property needs gutters because of the important functions they provide protecting your roof, siding, walls, and foundation. We’ll show you design options that coordinate with the roofing materials and siding so your gutters also contribute to the curb appeal of your home.
We only install seamless gutters because of their benefits over pieced together gutter systems. Any place where you have a seam, you have the possibility of a leak. Seamless gutters greatly reduce the number of seams, and your risk of leaks.
Your gutters are formed on site to custom fit your roof from the metal and color of your choice. We will suggest the best quality materials and finishes for long-lasting performance within your budget.
Gutter System Components
When Dayton Roof & Remodeling conducts your on-site consultation, we do a thorough evaluation your gutter. Your gutter should allow water to move without obstacles, be leak-free, and securely attached to your home or building.
Our recommendations for your gutter system include:
- Gutter along every sloped roof edge
- Leaf guards to keep the gutter clear
- Downspouts to carry the water off the roof
- Splash pads or other ways to move the water away from your foundation
You Choose, We Take Care Of The Rest
After you choose the gutter style you want, we show you the options available. You pick the look you want, and we take care of everything else.
We’ll order the materials and schedule your installation. You can sit back and enjoy the new look of your home.
Call us at (937) 224-7667 today or use our handy online estimates form to schedule your free, in-home estimate for your roofing, gutters, siding, windows and doors projects throughout Dayton and the Miami Valley.
Gutter Maintenance and Leaf Guards
Gutters without leaf guards require maintenance. At least twice a year, you should clean out the gutters around your building, and more frequently if you have nearby trees, a flat or low-sloping roof, or notice any problems.
Adding a gutter protection (leaf guard) system eliminates your gutter maintenance and keep your gutters performing at their best. Gutter protection systems help you by:
- Save time and money by reducing or eliminating gutter maintenance
- Prevent the build-up of leaves that clog the gutter and lead to damage
- Reduce the likelihood of mosquitoes breeding in your gutters
- Reduce the chance of water damage to your eaves, soffit and fascia
- Extend the life of your gutters
- Prevent water buildup that can damage your walls and flooring
There are leaf guard products on the market that don’t keep their promise to keep leaves out. That’s why Dayton Roof & Remodeling only use gutter protection systems from Ply Gem Leaf Relief and Englert LeafGuard. Both of these companies offer top quality products with design options that add to your curb appeal, and warranties that deliver peace of mind in the midst of every thunderstorm.
You can trust Dayton Roof & Remodeling to recommend and install a gutter system that meets the demands of our weather and protects your property from water damage, all within your budget.
Commercial Building Gutters
While gutter systems work the same on all buildings, there are some important differences for commercial building.
- Municipal regulations restrict your options for materials, types, and placement
- Gutters are installed differently on commercial buildings, especially ones with flat roofs
- Commercial gutters typically use a different shape and size than residential gutters because they have more water runoff
- Commercial gutters designs protect pedestrians from water runoff and debris
Call the roofing and gutter experts at Dayton Roof & Remodeling to schedule a free on-site consultation to discuss your building, your options, and get a written estimate for your project.
Learn more: About Dayton Roof & Remodeling | We Help Homeowners | We Work On Commercial Buildings | We Work With Property Managers | Our Customer Commitment | Frequently Asked Questions
Searching For “The best gutter contractors near me?”
If you’re looking for the best gutter contractor in the Dayton area, you need Dayton Roof & Remodeling. We help people like you with their gutter and gutter protection systems, along with roofing, siding, windows and doors–we do it all.
We work on properties across Dayton and the surrounding areas, including Beavercreek, Centerville, Eaton, Englewood, Fairborn, Germantown, Greenville, Hamilton, Huber Heights, Jamestown, Kettering, Lebanon, Miamisburg, Middletown, Oakwood, Piqua, Sidney, Springboro, Springfield, Troy, Tipp City, Urbana, Vandalia, Xenia, and Yellow Springs.